Saturday, March 27, 2010

thirty-seven.

I love watching movies about obesity. I get some kind of perverse pleasure out of it. Honestly, I love documentaries period. Especially ones that deal with why we as humans do what we do.

Side note: I didn't realize how many calories are in bananas. 134 for a cup?! Are you SERIOUS?! Someone please tell me this is some cruel jape manufactured by the bastards who wrote The Calorie Counter For Dummies. Seriously? I thought I was doing awesome today, until I saw that. Sigh.

I've never recorded my calories and what I've eaten on here before, so let's see how it goes.

Banana - 134 (cruel universe!)
Clementine - 35
Hard-boiled egg white - 16

Total: 185

And to think, if I had just grabbed a clementine instead of that banana, I would be at 86 right now. Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. OMG about the bananas. WTF, banana??? That IS cruel!! I, too, LOVE watching documentaries, period... LOVE LOVE watching them about weight-- e.d. or obesity... I have watched Supersize Me SO MANY TIMES because I am absolutely (and yes, perversely, obsessed with it). I cannot get enough of it... watching those people make choices I would literally DIE before making... UGH. I think it has a little to do with the fact that we KNOW we would NEVER EVER eat that crap, so we get some sort of enjoyment of watching this... we don't have to worry about those repercussions!

    Aaah, I do love you :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. 185 is awesome! BE PROUD! SERIOUSLY! i think its great.

    i'd be happy with a banana right now, considering i just gorged myself on fucked up fair food. fried broccoli, cheese fries, soft pretzel... the list goes on. ARG! i'm disgusting! the last two days have been horrendous!

    you, on the other hand, are amazing and wonderful and have some sort of self-control, where as i am weak and pathetic.

    BE PROUD! I WOULD! YOU ROCK THE CAZBA BABY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah, and i deserve to be obese bcuz i do tend to choose horrible horrendous things to eat.... when i do eat, i mean. yuck!

    ReplyDelete